Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 34

Busy day today! I shall rant about it for a moment, and then tell you all about today's challenge.

I had my first Girl Scout meeting of the year, and my friend Daniella came and is most likely joining the troop! (For those who don't know, I have an awesome Girl Scout troop. We are more colloquially known as the Evil Minions-- a strange tradition dating back to 2008. Basically, you had to be there. Our mascot is a rubber duck. We actually do hardcore camping as well as other things, so don't tell me all about how Girl Scouts don't do as many outdoor activities as Boy Scouts). Anyway, we had a great time and a really productive planning session. Then I was off to rehearsal, where we did a lot of scansion (analysis of Shakespeare's writing). So, all in all, it was a good day, albeit very busy one. In the cracks between activities, I was pretty much doing as much homework as humanly possible.

But I still managed to do today's challenge. As I type this, I currently have a scratchy gold pseudo-necktie (read: re-purposed costume sash) around my neck that I tied myself. It does not match my pajamas, but I think I am probably mature enough to move past that.

Actually, I found an entire website dedicated to tying ties in different configurations. Apparently, there are all sorts of different knots that can go with various kinds of outfits. Who knew? Certainly not me. http://www.tie-a-tie.net/

Farewell, dear readers. Farewell.

~Maddie

2 comments:

  1. Maddie, I know you're tired, but I believe this post should be titled "Day 34". :)

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.