Sunday, October 13, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Days 35, 36 and 37

I am still alive. And I am still doing new things. I have just been thoroughly exhausted during the past couple of days, and when I wasn't being thoroughly exhausted I was out of the house. I'll switch back to posting every day from now on, don't worry.

Day 35: Just for fun, I began to read a Shakespeare play that I'd never studied at all before: Pericles.

Day 36: I learned the word "Lethologica." It means 'the inability to recall a precise word for something.'

Day 37: Today, I made French toast in a mug in the microwave. It was pretty good, and satisfyingly quick to make, but next time I'm putting in maple syrup, as it was a bit dry and not sweet enough. Here's a link to the recipe that I used: http://prudentbaby.com/2012/01/entertaining-food/2-minute-french-toast-in-a-cup/

Also (and this is completely off topic), I figured out one thing that I definitely want to do as part of my future career as a musician/actor. Observe the process that I went through to reach this epiphany:

My brain: "Hey, Maddie, did you know that you've got an entire board on Pinterest devoted to 'how to be a princess?'"

Me: "What did you say? I was singing a Disney song and I couldn't hear you."

My brain: "Also, I've noticed that you're planning to be Cinderella for Halloween this year, despite the fact that you are sixteen years old."

Me: "Yeah. So?"

My brain: "You also really like acting and singing and being nice to children."

Me: "Brain, where are you going with this?"

My brain: "Maddie, why don't you just give in already and aim to work for Disney as a character actor someday?"

Me: "That sounds like a great idea! Why didn't I think of that?"

My brain: *hangs head in despair*

So yeah, this is a thing that is happening now. I really want to work as a character actor at a Disney park. Preferably as a princess, because I've been a princess in a play before, and it was pretty wonderful to have little girls I didn't know run up to me for hugs and autographs. But honestly, I'll take whatever I can get.

May all your dreams come true. Except for that one about showing up naked for a test that you didn't know you were supposed to have been studying for all year.

~Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.