Saturday, October 19, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Days 39, 40, 41, 42 AND 43...

*slinks into blog through the back window* hey guys...

I don't need to regale you with the reason that I've been absent more than is customary, for three reasons: 1, I don't feel like it. 2, you probably don't feel like reading about it. 3, the version that you will conjure from the depths of your imagination will probably be much more entertaining than the truth ever could be, and I don't want to spoil that for you.

Day 39: I tried a new kind of memorization technique in Shakespeare. It consists of saying a piece of text aloud as one continually draws a picture of what is happening. If it weren't 11pm where I live, I would upload a scan of my cartoonish depiction of Hamlet's soliloquy. Perhaps tomorrow.

Day 40: I learned of the existence of the dhole, a fox-like animal that probably lives in Asia.

Day 41: I watched a Disney short that I had never seen before. Boring, I know, but it was from Tangled. What can I say? I adore that movie, and the fact that Flynn Rider isn't real is a real source of grief for me and often feels like a very physical wound in my side.

Day 42: I finished season one of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Yes, I acknowledge what a hopelessly lame challenge this is. But let me point out that the reason for my absence on this blog (as you've probably guessed, you clever thing) is that I have been (say it with me) extraordinarily busy and tired this week! So I'm giving myself a pass here. And it is true that I had never done that before.

Day 43: I began season two of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. Deal with it.

Anyway, I hope you all had a lovely week. Onwards and upwards!

~Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Well, listen to this: I was gone a whole WEEK.
    http://fireiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/10/365-new-things-days-38-45.html

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.