Monday, October 14, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 38

Today, for the first time ever, I grew a large, healthy crop of mysterious orange mushrooms. Completely by accident.

Yes, you read that right. No, I am not making this up as part of an elaborately crafted excuse to get out of doing today's challenge. Still don't believe me? Please observe these photos:





What you are looking at is half of my tea garden. When I checked on my plants this afternoon with the intent of surveying them to see what kind of a final fall crop I was going to get this year, to my great surprise, I found that a bunch of very healthy, very happy, bright orange mushrooms had taken up residence alongside my mints. What do you call a group of mushrooms? A mob? A pack? A murder, like crows? I like the sound of "a murder of mushrooms," so I'm gonna go with that one.

And so, because I have truly never done so before, I am counting "accidentally growing a murder of mysterious orange mushrooms" as today's challenge. These sorts of things just seem to happen to me, and I've decided to simply roll with it.

As always, lemme know if you've been following along or if you have suggestions for me!

Ciao,

~Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.