Friday, October 25, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Days 44, 45, 46, 47, and 48. Whelp.

My apologies for being absent so long. I have been doing challenges each day, but I've honestly had a lot going on, and been unable to spend a lot of time online. So, I shall now do my best to mentally re-stitch the crazy, threadbare, patchwork quilt that has been my week in an attempt to reconstruct for you the challenges that I've done while I was away from all you lovely humans.

Day 44: I finished reading Two Gentlemen of Verona, a Shakespeare play that I had never studied, seen, or read before. I'm currently working on a monologue from that play for Young Company.

Day 45: I learned how to write a geometry proof by contradiction. Whoop-de-do. But honestly, it was kind of fascinating. I like them much better than normal proofs; I feel like they're more creative.

Day 46: I finished reading A Tale of Two Cities. I may or may not have started crying on the Metro.

Day 47: I used a Shakespeare lexicon for the first time. And I. Want. One.

Day 48: Today, I discovered the sheet music from some songs I had written when I was about four years old. Now, before you begin wondering how on earth I learned to write music when I was four, let me assure you that it was transcribed for me at the time by my father. For the first time, I played these pieces that I had written with the eye and ear of someone who actually understands music theory. I've gotta say, I wasn't awful when I was four. The songs actually have discernible melody lines (for the most part), stay within a given key, and (mostly) follow the basic rules of music and melody. That being said, the four songs I wrote are creatively titled "Lemon Drop," "The Doughnut Song," "Lollipop," and "Cupcake." The lyrics are even more amusing and confection inspired. I'll upload clips if I get a chance tomorrow.

I really am sorry for my absence. I know that the few of you who read this blog aren't exactly waiting on pins and needles to devour my every post as soon as I publish it, but I said I'd be more on top of this, and I wasn't. Honestly, it makes my life easier if I don't have to try to remember the things I did for the challenge for a string of days, so I'll definitely be making more of an effort from here on out to write about a challenge the day I do it.

Onwards!
~Maddie

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I get you. It's just somewhat difficult to post every single day. I'm thinking of trying for posting every two days, so then I can at least be consistent.

    Oh, about the challenges- my mouth dropped open when I got to the part about music you wrote when you were four. I had never even touched a musical instrument when I was four.

    You're going places.

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.