Sunday, September 15, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 10

Today I gave a flower to a stranger, and it's safe to say that I've never done that before. I was at church, and I picked a flower from my family's plot at our community garden. I gave it to an older lady I didn't know. It was just a very simple way to make someone else happy.

In other news: I spent the day with Elizabeth watching Galaxy Quest and discussing fanfiction, Doctor Who, and Welcome to Night Vale (since yesterday, I'm now on episode 10 and harboring a strong desire to move to the small, desert hamlet in which the podcast takes place, not least because I want to see Carlos's perfect hair for myself). I read several of Shakespeare's sonnets this morning. I cleaned my room. Yes, you read that right.  I actually cleaned it. This is not a drill. I repeat, this is not a drill. I, Maddie, cleaned. My. Room. Young Company starts tomorrow. If, wherever you are, you hear a faint, high-pitched squeal, I assure you that it is not because your computer or any of your other electronic devices are malfunctioning. What you are hearing is pure excitement leaking out of my ears in a highly-concentrated, gaseous state. It's a bit loud. I will put on earmuffs if it is bothering you.

And that, friends, is basically what's going on with me right now. I hope your weekend was, if not altogether enjoyable, at least somewhat satisfying.

Until tomorrow!

~Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.