Sunday, September 29, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Days 22, 23 and 24

I write to you from my bed, which is covered in disheveled blankets, crumpled tissues, and, most notably, my cold-germ-infested body. There is also a textbook. I am trying to ignore the textbook. The textbook is trying not to be ignored, and is, as far as I can discern, going to great lengths to continue to be white and immobile in the most attention-grabbing, flamboyant and irritating way possible. And I think it's winning.

Anyway, this and an all-day event yesterday are the reasons why I did not write individual posts for days 22 and 23. So, before I begin studying and/or sneezing again, here are the short versions of the new things for the past three days:

September 27, day 22: I learned the word "entrepĂ´t." It is French in origin, and means 'a trading port.'

September 28, day 23: I went zip-lining. It was a blast, and I loved it. Unfortunately, it only served to exacerbate the cold germs which currently reside inside my body.

September 29, day 24: I applied to become an admin on a Facebook page. The page is called "Stay Strong," and it's a lovely community for teens struggling with depression, bullying and/or self-harm. I've been a fan of it for a while, and I just have a strong desire to make the world a better place by helping these people maintain the awesome online support community they've built. (Before you start worrying about me, I just want to let you know that I personally am not depressed or anything, but cannot help but have empathy for those who are).

Now I am in bed, recovering slowly and trying to get homework done. I am beginning to have fantasies about mailing the good-natured, albeit very vocal small dog under my window to a nice, warm place that is far, far away, where he can yell at squirrels and chew bones such that his canine heart may overflow with contentment without making my fevered head pound in agony.

Hope you had a splendiferous weekend. Is that a word? It is now.

~Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.