Friday, September 13, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 8

And now for today's actual challenge: I helped my good friend Joseph earn his Eagle Award by being a volunteer for his project. I am counting this as a new thing because I have never volunteered for someone's Eagle before.

His project is refurbishing old, rusty furniture at an adult day care center. Incidentally, this day care center is located in the same government building as the auditorium that my former and much beloved theater company, the Homeschool Theatre Troupe, does its performances in. I have wonderful memories associated with that building (and so does Joseph, as he's in HTT as well), so it's awesome that he decided to do his project there.

We got a lot of work done, and the furniture looks much better after being cleaned and rust-proofed. Joseph is coming back to finish it up on Monday, but unfortunately I can't volunteer that day, as I will be in a rehearsal then.

Looking forward to tomorrow, mostly because that means one fewer day that I have to wait until Young Company starts. No one has yet invented a word that describes the wild joy that I feel because I get to do this.

As always, comment any suggestions for a new thing that I could do for this project, and let me know what you've done if you're following along!

~Maddie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.