Sunday, September 22, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 17

Today's new thing: I did about three and a half day's worth of Spanish homework in roughly five hours. Yeee-haw. I'm not saying that this is particularly exciting. I'm saying that it's new. I don't think I'll be doing it again if I can help it, though.

I suppose the main thing I'm learning as I do this project is that finding interesting new things to try is challenging when one has a busy life, but worth it. Sometimes, you just need to appreciate what you're able to do and not fret over what you're not able to do. Occasionally, that means accepting a somewhat boring 'new things' challenge and moving on. Drew and I were just talking about how lucky North Americans are to have access to such wonderful educations, and so I'm doing my best to appreciate what I have in that regard, even when the going gets tough.

Also, in a break from the crazy studying that happened today, I wrote an article about synesthesia, which, in addition to being a condition that I have, is a scientific interest of mine. The article was linked on The Young Synesthetes Association's page, and, as you can probably see, right beneath the header of this blog.

Looking forward to getting a reprieve from my weekend break so that I can go back to Young Company workshops tomorrow. My parting words for all of you are: Take life head-on in a confrontational stance, brandishing an umbrella threateningly if needed.

And now: To whatever adventures await! In my case, this adventure is getting a good night's sleep. Adieu!

~Maddie


1 comment:

  1. My woefully late post for days 15 and 16:
    http://fireiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/09/365-new-things-days-15-and-16.html
    Mostly about music. I think I'm turning into you.
    ~Cassandra

    ReplyDelete

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.