Saturday, September 14, 2013

Project 365 New Things: Day 9

Today, at the urge of Elena and Elizabeth, two of my favorite humans and both good friends of mine, I listened to the first episode of a new podcast that I had never heard before. It's called "Welcome to Night Vale."

The words that come to mind as I try to describe this podcast are as follows: Weird. Random. Dark. Hilarious. Slightly creepy. Wonderful. Basically, the premise is that it's a newscast for a small town in the middle of a desert. It is very hard to predict what the narrator will announce next in his deadpan, calm radio voice. He will announce the discovery of a house that, contrary to all appearances, does not exist in the same tone of voice that a man would use to ask his wife to buy milk at the store. These "news bulletins" will start out very normally, say, with the announcement of a new dog park. And then the newscaster will inform us that there is a "no dogs allowed" rule in said dog park, and that in fact, no people are allowed either, due to the presence of several hooded figures whose origin is as yet unknown, because no one has the courage to come close enough to do much investigating. We are not to look at, go to, or even think about the dog park for this reason.

Basically, it's dark and hilarious and I am absolutely in love with it.

~Maddie

5 comments:

  1. I haven't yet blogged about my new thing for today, but I changed the header and background on my blog. Check it out, will you?

    --Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. My post for today:
    http://fireiceeverythingnice.blogspot.com/2013/09/365-new-things-day-9.html
    --Cassandra

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think almost everyone I know is in love with Night Vale! I never listen to podcasts, but I probably need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's pretty amazing! I'm not really a podcast person myself, but I think I'm in love with this one XD

      Delete

Let me know what you think about whatever it is I've just posted. Be nice. This includes not using unwarranted, unnecessary, and unneeded apostrophes.